What Should You Do After a Rideshare Accident in Orange County, CA?
Uber and Lyft have transformed the way people can travel to, from, or around Orange County. All of us hope to be the few that can go through life without being involved in a car accident. However, you are probably more vulnerable to accidents. You will want to ensure that you are prepared if you involve in a rideshare accident. If you do, a qualified Uber & Lyft accident attorney at Personal Injury Attorney OC will come to your rescue.
No matter you are a spectator, a walker, a passenger in the vehicle, or driving your own vehicle, being involved in a car crash with an Uber or Lyft driver can certainly create a commotion. If you have been involved in a car accident while in an Uber or Lyft, it is crucial to protect your interests.
I Was Injured While Riding in an Uber or Lyft. What Should I Do?
Below is a list of what all you should do when injured while riding in an Uber or Lyft.
- Ensure the Safety: Seeking medical attention for everyone who has been injured, including yourself, is the first thing you should do. Being involved in a car accident is a traumatic experience, but it is more important that you stay cool. Wait for the police to arrive and ask someone to call an ambulance right away. Consider seeking legal compensation for the injuries you’ve suffered in the crash by contacting a qualified Uber accident lawyer Orange County.
- Verify: Check yourself for any possible injuries you might have sustained. Get out of the vehicle if you are able to move without pain. If you see any blood or experience pain in your bones, call the ambulance right away.
- Call the Police: Make sure you immediately call the police to report the unwanted mishap and have the roadway cleared if seems necessary. When you are speaking with the police and/or other people involved in the accident, ensure that you give only facts. Avoid giving opinions as doing so can further complicate the matter.
- Exchange Information: Looked for injuries? Had the accident reported? Now, you should exchange insurance information. It’s important to get information of drivers involved in a rideshare accident. Being the passenger, it can be hard for you to determine who’s actually at fault.
- Document the Crash: Gathering evidence is essential to seeking compensation for the emotional stress and injuries you have suffered in the collision. If possible, take photos and capture videos of the crash site.
- Hire a Lawyer: If you have sustained injuries, you need a highly qualified rideshare lawyer Orange County who is experienced in Uber/Lyft accident cases specifically.
Our experienced Lyft car accident lawyer can help you recover lost wages, past and future medical expenses, loss of future income, and more.
Ridesharing is rising in popularity. Thanks to the convenience of ride-hailing apps: Uber and Lyft. While the experience seems a lot similar to the traditional car ride, ridesharing has its own share of differences. Every time you choose to ride with Uber or Lyft, you are putting your life in the hands of a stranger i.e. the driver.